21 Reasons Your Online Content Should Be Dope
William Jackson #MyQuestToTeach
Being dope on Social Media is not a cultural thing,
it is the ability to be comfortable in your digital life
and in your digital skin. As a content creator, digital
diva, thought leader, digital innovator, graphic artist
or even a dope web developer. It means that it is ok
to have fun on the web and to integrate yourself into
your product even on a digital level.
Too many people lose the excitement of creating
content that will be read, viewed, studied, listened to
and watched when they are just writing for themselves.
The pleasure comes in writing for others and sharing
your story. Your audience changes as access and
platforms change, so why not be Dope and Lit, providing
something that brings people to you so you can teach,
inspire, encourage and engage. Share your energies
and your excitement.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is not always the ticket,
WOM or Word of Mouth is still important and should always
be a viable strategy to build your followers and participating
in community events.
Search Engine Optimization is computer based, technology
cannot always bring readers. Building relationships and
collaborations are the keys to building and developing a
following, building a Brand and creating a Niche.
As a parent of 2 adult children, 32 year professional educator,
blogger of over 20 year, community mentor, community activist,
speaker on the national and international level, and STEAM
advocate here are my 21 Reasons Your Content Should Be Dope…..
1. To attract diverse readers and viewers. Being diversified
of content is a plus because people connect with what they
like and relate to. How your content relates to their needs and
relevance. Apply learning to real life.
2. Most viewers will be women and they love dope content.
Try not to be boring or repetitive but engaging and even fun.
3. If you want a broad spectrum of followers dope up
your blog with relevant content and graphics that attract.
Visual appeal is very important especially to women.
4.International markets look to promote Dope and Lit
content. They always look for awesome people that
apply their craft and enjoy what they are doing.
5.If your looking to monetize your site and content
expand your dopeness to new markets. Diversification
is the ticket.
6.Hire dope speakers like me to talk on your Podcasts,
talk shows and even television shows.
7.Take plenty of dope photos and video with dope and
lit people. Use your Instagram and Twitter sites to
share and expand your reach.
8. Speak at WordCamps, Bar Camps, EdCamps and
other tech conferences.
9. Always have your business cards available, make
sure there is a dope photo of yourself and have
your “elevator pitch” at the ready.
10. Hire a dope graphic artist to create your dope
logo. People are visual use that to your advantage.
11. Be a sponsor and promoter of community events
in your community to get your name out there.
12. Join the Chamber of Commerce, Better Business
Owners and other dope organizations that are
invested in the community and city.
13. Be a speaker on talk shows to share your
knowledge. Give back, don’t always take.
14. Start your own Podcast with guests and be fancy
with your title.
15. See where you can help your church of ministry
with their connectivity.
16. Take a Social Media class yourself.
17. Offer Social Media classes with certificates
18. Keep your profiles current, relevant and
oozzing with dopeness. Who are you associated
with makes a difference.
19. Take a dope vacation from time to time
to encourage inspiration and meet new people.
20. Embrace diversity in your company and your
21. Network – Network – Network
William Jackson Speaking at
WordCamp Conferences on WordPress TV